The walk started at the Performing Arts Center which is the old Collin County Courthouse. The building is the third courthouse built in McKinney and was originally built in 1874-75. It was modernized in 1927 when they removed the roof and tower caps to add a third story. A basement was also added at that time. The work resulted in a classical revival style building. It was used as the courthouse until 1979 when a new courthouse was built.
The walk passed many fine old homes and a couple of historical churches. It was an interesting walk.