The walk registration is at the Hilton Inn, then you drive to the start at the Visitor’s Center which is just across the Brazos River from the new McLane Stadium..
McLane Stadium officially became the home of Baylor football on August 31, 2014, when the Bears defeated SMU 45–0.The stadium has a capacity to seat 45,140 spectators. McLane Stadium replaced Floyd Casey Stadium as the home of Baylor Football.
Hieroglyphic on the “Spirit Bear”.
To see the whole bear click here for a picture from our walk back in 2012.
Walking past Grant Taeff’s statue.
Past the main entrance into Baylor.
Into Oakwood Cementery.
All the recent rains made good puddles for drinking.
We passed by “Sul” Ross gravesite. He was the 19th Governor of Texas, a Confederate States Army general during the American Civil War, and a president of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, now called Texas A&M University.
Continuing through the cemetery we came to Pat Neff’s gravesite. He was the 28th Governor of Texas and ninth President of Baylor University from 1932 to 1947.
View of the nice shade in the cemetery. We needed it today.
Just a nice angel marker.
Firemen’s Memorial for the Rescue Hook & Ladder Co. No. 1 has inscriptions to early firefighters on all four sides.
Fountain next to the Browning Library.
Sculpture in front of the Browning Library.
Memorial dedicated to Curtis Rogers, Jr., an alumni of Baylor. He was killed in action in Quang Nam, Vietnam, on November 18, 1970, he was 25 years old. It is next to the statue of Judge Baylor at the beginning of the walkway to Pat Neff Hall.
Nice lilies lined the sidewalk leading up to Pat Neff Hall.
Pat Neff Hall
Closer look at the dome.
Fountain at base of bridge over Waco Creek.
Baylor Bear Pit.
Waco Creek surprisingly has little water in it.
Construction blocks continuation of Volksmarch route.
Picture of what they are constructing.
Near the finish we passed thru the Hebrew Rest Cemetery.