Once again we went down to New Braunfels to do the Wurstfest Volksmarch. Do to recent rains they changed up the route to keep us on high ground in case it rained again today. We carried umbrellas but luckily we didn’t need them.
Start point volunteers getting Carol registered.
Closed 1934 Stephen F. Austin School.
Two deer keeping an eye on us.
An old barn.
Kloepper House built in 1906 in the Queen Anne design.
Clay and Brian passed us on the volksmarch.
Schlitterbahn water park.
Prince Carl of Solms-Braunfels
Saw inside the visitor’s center.
Ed and the checkpoint #1 volunteer.
Another display at the visitor’s center.
Pretty Elks Lodge.
Pretty house hidden by the trees.
First Protestant Church
These bells were a gift from Prince Solms-Braunfels. They were poured in 1834. They were in the first church of New Braunfels in 1846.
Walter Faust house – 1910.
Fountain at the Faust Hotel
Artwork on the Faust Hotel
The gazebo sits on the plaza which has a long history in New Braunfels. The plaza was first built in 1845. The Neo-classical gazebo was built in 1905.
Henne Building built in 1893
Railroad Depot Museum
1918 Fire Station is now a museum.
Equipment inside the fire station museum.
Originally built in 1900, it burned on January 21, 1941. It was later rebuilt and after being many things and undergoing many renovations over the years in 2004 it underwent full renovation. It is now a premier wedding venue.
Volksmarchers from Fort Worth walked with us for awhile.
Side of a really nice house.
Front of the same house.
Another house I like.
Carol and some pretty morning glories.
New Braunfels School Building from 1913.
Unicorn out front of the school building.
Another memorial out front of the school.
Caboose at the RR Museum.
Engine at the RR Museum.
Railroad Depot Museum.
Our checkpoint #2 volunteer.
Baggage display at the RR Museum.
RR Phone Booth at the museum.
Vintage movie theater.
Front of the opera house.
Old post office is now a restaurant.
Mural next to the old post office.
Ed and Carol on the courthouse steps.
Dam on the river.