Sherman was established in 1846. The city was named after Texas General Sidney Sherman who served at San Jacinto.
Our event started here. Originally two structures built before 1885, they were added to and connected visually and physically over the years, culminating in a bold Art Deco design in 1936.
Debra working the start table.
1901 Building used to be a laundry. “The Boiler Room”, an art-filled coffee house now occupies the west end of the building.
Covenant Presbyterian Church
Bandstand in Kidd-Key Park
Class of 1898 on the bottom of the statue.
Minerva statue is badly in need of restoration.
Exploring Kidd-Key Park which is the grounds of an old Female College.
First United Methodist Church
Kidd-Key Auditorium circa 1938 is home to the Sherman Symphony Orchestra
“3 Roads to Success” is an abstract sculpture created by George Tobolowsky
Sherman City Hall
An odd-shaped building sitting vacant.
1897 Victorian home with a wraparound porch and a tower.
Former school built in 1913 awaits a new purpose.
Statue of Libery mural on the side of an income tax company.
“Bookworm” another large metal sculpture by artist George Tobolowsky. It is located in front of the Sherman Public Library.
Paul Brown United States Courthouse built in 1906.
Mural on the side of a restaurant.
Old Iron Post Pub
Cattle Drive mural on the side of Knight Furniture.
Old Carnegie Library is now a museum.
WPA murals of the three muses are from 1934 and are displayed in the museum.
Grayson County Courthouse.
Finish table volunteers.