Priscilla is the greeter for the event, pointing us in the right direction.
Kathy was working the registration table.
John was passing out the walk directions.
Monument to Fallen Police Officers and Firefighters
Mosaic mural for Historic Market Square.
Ed with the Viva Villa Taqueria Greeter.
At the entrance to the parking lot for Historic Market Square stands a lovely Senora holding a child on her hip.
At the entrance to the parking lot for Historic Market Square stands a Senor holding a rooster.
Carol and Ed on the walk,
The gazebo in Milam Park is one of the largest in San Antonio. It was given to the city by a sister city in Mexico and when the foundation was being dug, the grave site of Ben Milam was discovered and moved to its present location.
Entwined Snakes done in mosaid decorate a short wall.
Chapa Lion mosaic mural circa 2000.
Fountain in the courtyard of the Spanish Governor’s Palace.
Spanish Governor’s Palace – The only remaining 18th-century Spanish aristocratic home in Texas.
Statue of a Spanish Conquistador in front of th.e Spanish Governor’s Palace
Statue of Moses Austin, first Anglo American settler in Texas, located on the City Hall grounds.
Bust of President Franklin D. Roosevelt on the City Hall lawn was erected in 1946.
Italian Renaissance Revival City Hall built in 1889 and the Cinco de May Obelisk.
Boulder on the City Hall lawn tells us this is Mile zero on the Old Spanish Trail.
Virgin Mary and a worshipper in a courtyard behind San Fernando Cathedral.
Cross in the courtyard of San Fernando Cathedral features a dove, symbolizing the coming of the Holy Spirit, an the Sacred Heart of Jesus being pierced by a Roman Spear.
Our Lady of the Flowers in the courtyard of San Fernando Cathedral.
Ed and the Statue of San Antonio de Padua.
Site of Governor Musquiz Residence -Here the women and children survivors of the Alamo massacre were brought on March 6, 1836.
The Aztec Theater opened in 1926. It closed in 1989. It was renovated and reopened in 2009.
Heads decorate the top of the Aztec theater.
Interesting statue on Crockett Street with no identifying plaque.
This clock is the upper structure of an outdoor elevator that connects street level with Riverwalk.
St. Mary’s Catholic Church is a modified Romanesque design erected in 1924.
Empire Theater opened in 1914. Closed in 1978. Restored and reopened in 1989.
Faces above the entrance of the Empire Theater.
The Hertzberg Clock has been keeping time here since 1878.
Texas Theater opened in 1926. In 1983 all by the façade of the theater was razed.
Four mosaic decorated pillars are on the Houston Street bridge.
The Majestic opened in 1929. It closed in 1974. It was renovated and reopened in 1989.
“MORF” abstract art next to the Majestic Theater.
Travis Park United Methodist Church built in 1882.
Spire of the Travis Park United Methodist Church.
Art Deco Kress building erected in 1938.
Moore building erected in 1904 is a lovely flatiron building in the Victorian-Empire style.
WPA built this Federal Building/Post Office. Four Story Renaissance Revival Style.
Emily Morgan Hotel began life as the Medical Arts Building. It is a twelve story flatiron built in 1924.
The 16 panel WPA mural entitled “San Antonio’s Importance in Texas History”.
Another one of the 16 panels in the Federal Building/Courthouse painted in fresco style in 1939.
Carol and Ed in front of the Alamo.
Alamo Museum building erected in 1936 by the WPA.
Lovely Victorian-Empire building erected in 1891 for William Reuter’s saloon, “Billy’s Bar”.
1976 Replica of the original 1890 bandstand.
“First Inhabitant” is on the Smithsonian Art Inventory list.
Monument in shape of the 141st Infantry Regimental crest was erected in 1991 to remind us to “Remember The Alamo.”
Life size bronze sculpture of three Native American females doing the traditional basket dance.
The Basket Dance is a tradition of the Hopi Tribe (Arizona). The women chant while presenting baskets to the four directions of the compass, lifting them, then lowering them. Their movements are designed to bring cold, wet weather so that the crops will grow the following spring. Afterward, the women traditionally toss the baskets to the onlookers.
Art Deco style Public Library was built in 1929. It is now the Briscoe Western Art Museum.
Cowboy with a wild horse in front of the Briscoe Western Art Museum.
Consulado General de Mexico occupies the former Federal Reserve Building which is a two-story Neo-Classical Revival building erected in 1928.
La Villita Courtyard Fountain
St. John’s Lutheran Church, as it appears today, was built during the Great Depression (1932).
1896 Bexar County Courthouse.
Bexar County government’s newest, most expensive office building was erected in 2011.
Ghost mural on the Kallison’s Western Wear building.
The Kallison’s Western Wear Cowboy from a store that closed in 1967.
Justitia Wall – A metal wall connecting Courthouse Annex I and Annex II.
Ed in front of the mural on the wall of the Casa Navarro State Historic Site.
Statue of Jose Navarro in front of the Casa Navarro State Historic Site.
The Casa Navarro State Historic Site.
O. Henry House is now a museum.
Bluebonnet mural on the side of the probation building (behind O. Henry house).
Commercial Bank Building in the distance is an impressive site.
Water Tower above Bill Miller’s corporate offices looks like a cup with a straw in it.
Pat was working the finish table. I asked her to show off the club’s t-shirt.